Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The last colors of autumn.




This photo was taken near Chelyabinsk. It’s the territory of the Ural Mountains, one of the most beautiful regions in Russia. Here you can see old quaint gray-haired mountains, picturesque woods, beautiful rivers and lakes... Our autumn landscapes are absolutely gorgeous. But when I decided to take some photos, there were no colorful leaves on the trees, only sad rust color leaf litter… So I was really happy to find this place. The trees here are: with white trunks - birches, with red berries - mountain ashes, with yellow barbs - larches...

The weather was cloudy, there was no direct sunlight.

This was a shot on a Canon EOS 600D, focal length 29 mm, shutter speed 1/40 sec, aperture f/5.6, ISO 100. No other equipment was involved.

Autumn is my favorite season. I absolutely agree with George Eliot: “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking for the successive autumn”… Autumn beauty is a great inspiration for me.

If I am asked to give an advice to anyone trying to capture something similar I will suggest: do not wait for perfect gear, perfect weather or perfect mood. Just go and take photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment