Sunday, January 22, 2017

The 3rd Week of 2017 in Photos. “Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain”.


How many colors of the rainbow do you see?


“It is customary to list indigo as a color lying between blue and violet, but it has never seemed to me that indigo is worth the dignity of being considered a separate color. To my eyes it seems merely deep blue.”                                                                   Isaac Asimov


Newton, who admitted his eyes were not very critical in distinguishing colors, originally divided the spectrum into five main colors: red, yellow, green, blue and violet. Later he included orange and indigo, giving seven main colors by analogy to the number of notes in a musical scale.


There’s a funny mnemonic phrase to recall of the colors of the rainbow: “Richard of York gave battle in vain”.  


My idea for my 365 project for this week was to find colors of a rainbow around me. 




Thank you for reading!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment